Suggested Song: “Good, Good Father” by Housefires
Sometimes we picture God’s love for us as a general, blanket requirement He has for all people, as if God loved us because He has to and there’s no way around it. But the Scripture shows that God’s affection for His children is unique and individual to each one, not a requirement but an overflow of sincere, passionate love. The passages today are a meditation on this truth.
As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- What does this passage tell me about God?
- What does this passage tell me about myself?
- How can I apply this passage to my life?
1. Pray the verses above back to God, putting them in your own words.
2. Tell God in what ways you need to know His tenderness and affection now.
3. Ask Him if there is anything else He wants to tell you.
4. Pray for the refugees entering Europe, including would know the God who never stops watching over them.