Suggested Song: How He Loves by David Crowder Band
It is very good news–though we don’t always see it this way–that God loves us enough to correct us when we’re wrong! He is not content to leave us with same behaviours and habits that bring hurt to ourselves or others. Instead, He pays enough attention to us to lovingly discipline us, all part of the process of making us more like Jesus! He is slow to anger and rich in love, and His discipline is always for our benefit.
As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- What does this passage tell me about God?
- What does this passage tell me about myself?
- How can I apply this passage to my life?
1. Spend some time thanking God for ways He has disciplined you in the past.
2. Ask Him if there are any areas of your life that He wants to bring correction today.
3. Ask Him if there is anything else He wants to tell you.
4. Pray for someone from your Lifegroup who needs encouragement today. Ask God if He may have an encouragement to give them through you!