Suggested Song: “Open Up Our Eyes” by Elevation Worship
Sometimes it is easy for us to believe that God wants to generously bless people with great need, and that He will use us to do this. We’ll give to people, situations, or charities gladly, but when it comes to believing that God wants to show us the same generosity, that He can provide for our needs, suddenly it becomes hard to believe. But Scripture shows us that our God is a generous God, providing for His children lavishly. Each of these passages talks about God being generous in different areas of need.
As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- What does this passage tell me about God?
- What does this passage tell me about myself?
- How can I apply this passage to my life?
1. Thank God for ways He has provided for you in your life.
2. Ask God for any areas of current need–relational, financial, spiritual, physical, etc.
3. Ask God to speak to you one thing He loves about you.
4. Pray for someone else you know with financial needs right now, and ask if you might be a part of helping.